Meet with experts equipped to accurately price and purchase your estate jewelry, right on South Main St.
Our storefront has been a significant hub for buying and selling jewelry in Providence, since 1970. Our Experts use industry technology paired with 50 years of experiential knowledge, in order to provide you with a fair and accurate appraisal of your vintage, antique or modern estate jewelry. We understand the intrinsic and sentimental value of your jewelry.
Finding the right buyer to handle your estate jewelry can be a somewhat challenging experience.
Your jewelry will be best taken care of a reputable and knowledgeable estate jewelry buyer. We will employ our longstanding knowledge on the industry along with input from our resident Graduate Gemologist to evaluate your pieces. Located right on South Main St., our experts at Hegeman & Co. will make the process effortless while making sure you get a proper price for your special pieces.
Jewelry We Buy
- Brooches / Pins
- Watches / Watch Bracelets
Factors That Determine the Value of Estate Jewelry
- Intrinsic Value
- Collectability / Demand
- Historic Period / Period Significance
We are looking for diamonds and gemstones of all kinds
Intrinsic or the raw secondary market value of metal and gemstones is the base of determining price. The premium above the intrinsic value lies in the combination of period style, condition, supply & demand, collectability, rarity provenance, original box & recognized brand or hallmarks.
At Hegeman & co. we assess every item’s intrinsic value by asking:
- Are they natural, synthetic, or faux?
- Accepted GIA grading standards & formulas to calculated weights?
- Are the gemstones original to the piece?
we determine these factors by performing:
- GIA gemologist certified tests on stones.
- X-Ray testing of the metal to verify quality without damaging the item with filling marks and acid testing.
The more any item has been gently worn or kept in pristine impacts the condition of the piece. If an item has been previously restored or a period mounting reset at one time with more modern gemstones the value is impacted.
– Broken or heavily worn prongs
– Chipped or missing gemstones
– Use of lead solder in repair / Restoration
– Overly polished removing details
– Bent or misshapen pieces
– Plated pieces
hours minutes seconds
Estate Buying Event